DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
This Website of Insular Health Care, Inc. is primarily developed and maintained to be a communication platform for all its Members, and the General Public as well. We are committed to be fully compliant with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act 10173) including its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) and as part of this commitment, this website observes guidelines in the collection, recording, storing, processing, and use of personal information of visitors.
Collection and Processing of Personal Information
We do not collect IP address, location, length of visit, navigation paths, cookies, and similar identifiers of visitors or users. However, some of the services in this website may entail the use of forms to collect personal information which includes but not limited to the following, to wit:
1. Full name, gender, place and date of birth;
2. Residential/Business address;
3. Government Identification Documents, Passport, TIN, SSS/GSIS number;
4. Employment or business information;
5. Other relevant information (depending on the application type)
Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
All personal information collected on this website shall exclusively be used in answering queries and/or communicating member-related services. It will also be used to process Online applications for Membership, and online application for agents’ accreditation. Further, incidental also to such purposes we may use personal information to:
1. Properly administer the website service;
2. Send notifications and subscription to newsletters. Subscription may be discontinued upon request;
3. Send promotional campaign for our latest products and services and such other marketing promotions and educational information which we think may be of interest to you. Subscription may be discontinued upon request;
4. Properly respond to client’s inquiries, complaints, and other service-related concerns;
5. To ensure that our website is secure, and protected from fraud;
Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
Generally, aside from company personnel which necessarily need access to the personal information collected from the use of this website, we do not share nor disclose the same to any third persons, except only on the following circumstances:
When the law requires us to do so;
Pursuant to a lawful order of a competent court or tribunal;
In compliance with an issuance or reportorial requirements of a duly authorized regulatory agency such as but not limited to the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), and the Insurance Commission (IC);
In cases where the Company needs to exercise or defend its legal rights in order to prevent or avoid fraud, damage and risk mitigation;
As a matter of policy, we retain collected personal information only until such time that we have attained the purpose by which we collect the same.
Security of Information
Collected personal data from this website are handled by the Company with utmost protection and confidentiality using secured storage equipment and/or facilities. Although there is no fool-proof security against data breach, all necessary and reasonable actions to prevent any loss, improper disclosure, and misuse, are likewise regularly taken by the Team that manages this website.
In the interest of quality service this Privacy Notice may, from time-to-time, be revised or updated in consonance with the existing requirements of the Republic Act 10173 or the Data Privacy Act and its implementing rules. To ensure your assent to the terms and conditions stated herein, it is highly recommended that you visit and carefully read this page before using or availing of the services of this website. Changes and/or revisions on this Policy will be posted in this website and as far as practicable, notices thereof may likewise be sent through email.
Data Privacy Officer
For all concerns regarding data privacy and information security, you may contact our Data Privacy Officer, Atty. Alexander G. Erese, Jr. at telephone number 8140131 Loc. 8706 or you may send your queries, comments, suggestions, or complaints at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return, Replacement and Refund PolicyThis policy is created to narrate return procedures of IHC prepaid healthcare products and to provide refund process for said returned products.
- This policy applies to IHC products namely: ER Care Basic, ER Care Booster, ER Care All-In, and MedConsult.
- This policy allows the return of the product and refund of fees paid, subject to a handling fee of Php 400.00 per product.
- The refund will always be paid in Philippine Pesos. The refund will be based on the actual amount received by us and all refunds will be processed and paid out in the same manner that it was paid to Insular Health Care. That is, if the product was purchased with a credit card, the refund will be credited to the credit card with the same card number. Insular Health Care reserves the right to require documentation and proof that will prevent the fraudulent return of the product.
- Return is possible only if the product is not yet registered to any person. Once the product has been registered to a person, it cannot be returned. The person who has been registered under the product will continue to be covered subject to the Health Care Agreement governing the ER Care and MedConsult Series.
- The return and refund of any product that has not yet been registered must be done by the Purchaser himself/herself. Please refer to the procedures below on how to return a product and request for a refund and their documentary requirements.
The return of the product must be requested within the period shown below. Beyond these periods, the product is no longer eligible for return and refund or replacement.
- Fourteen (14) calendar days from purchase date for units sold through the e-commerce site of IHC
- Seven (7) calendar days from the purchase date for items sold through IHC agents, brokers and other accredited partner platforms.
The Purchaser must send an email to email@example.com to request for the return of a product. The request must include the following information and documentation:
- Complete Name of the Purchaser
- Contact number, email address and mailing address of the Purchaser
- The reason for the return
- Request for a replacement product and/or refund
- Proof of purchase which may include the confirmation email sent by IHC
- Photocopy of two (2) valid government-issued ID of the Purchaser
- If IHC issued an Official Receipt, the image of it must also be presented. Please note that if we agree to the return of a product, the original Official Receipt must be returned to IHC prior to the implementation of the replacement or refund.
- IHC shall acknowledge the receipt of the request for a return of the product through email.
- IHC shall conduct an evaluation and within two (2) working days of receipt of the complete request for a return of the product, IHC shall advise the customer on the decision of the request for the return of the product. Detailed computation and instructions on the return, replacement and refund will also be provided.
Replacement and Refund
- A replacement handling fee of Php400.00 per product shall apply.
- The replacement handling fee or refund handling fee shall be deducted from the amount paid.
- If you want a replacement product, we shall offset the amount due from the product being returned against the cost of the replacement product.
- If the replacement product’s price is higher than the product being returned, less the replacement handling fee, the difference will be settled by the Purchaser before IHC issues the replacement product to him/her.
- If you want a refund, please allow 20 working days to prepare your refund.
- The refund will be based on the actual amount paid and all refunds will be processed and paid out in the same manner that it was paid to Insular Health Care. That is, if the product was purchased with a credit card, the refund will be credited to the credit card with the same card number. Insular Health Care reserves the right to require documentation and proof that will prevent the fraudulent return of the product.
- If payment was by means other than by credit or debit card, refund shall be given in the form of a company check paid to the Purchaser and sent via courier to the Purchaser’s mailing address. IHC shall not issue any refunds in cash, regardless of the amount.
- Notwithstanding #8 above, if an Official Receipt was issued, the check will be paid to the same name as shown on the receipt.